Make yourself a cup of immune-boosting Lebu Cha!
What you need:
◎ 500ml Water
◎ 3tbsp Sugar
◎ 0.5tsp Ginger Powder
◎ 0.5tsp Black Salt (Kala Namak)
◎ 1.5tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
*Feel free to adjust the seasonings and spices to suit your palate!
How to cook:
- Place a clean saucepan on stove-top over on medium heat and add 500 ml of water plus the sugar
- When you see bubbles form at the bottom of pan, add the tea granules and heat/boil just for a minute, or till the time you see the infusion turning into a lovely light caramel color. (Boiling any more would result in a darker bitter tea with an unpleasant after taste.)
- As soon as you see that it is the color, remove the saucepan and turn the stove off, to avoid overheating the tea.
- Strain/filter the tea into a container.
- Add ground ginger, black salt and lime juice. You will see the tea color change from caramel to deep yellow!
- Stir, divide in tea cups and serve immediately.
Recipe by oneuponasupper.com